Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What A Nightmare.....

Nightmare Before Christmas, that is.

This tote-full is just the tip-of-the-iceberg when it comes to my Nightmare Collection. I have shirts, 
jackets, book bags, Disney "ears", framed art, dimensional art, holiday decorations, window clings, 
dishes, magnets, music boxes, and even breath mint tins and lip gloss. Yes, lip gloss!

I am a HUGE Nightmare Before Christmas FAN!!! I love everything Nightmare. Actually, I am mostly
smitten with Jack Skellington - as the Pumpkin King and as Santa Jack. 

I LOVE the MOVIE. The stop-motion animation. The music. The story.

I love Disneyland's Haunted Mansion when it's decorated for the October-December Holiday season.
Whoever thought that up, was a genius! Now, if only someone would do a
Cirque du Soleil-type show. I would be the first in line to buy a season pass!!!

Jack even appeared as a Pirate in the animated movie, James and the Giant Peach. He is SO cool, 
as a skeleton pirate with a skeleton parrot on his shoulder - I even have that toy sculpture.

If I could, I'd deck-out my Jeep in full Nightmare regalia - with a big 'ol Jack skull on the hood 
and the song lyrics pin-striped around the body! Yeah, there'd be no mistaking I was a fan then.

I plan on displaying my whole collection in my new office - we'll be moving this Summer. 

Oh yeah. I guess, I haven't shared that yet. We (and another business) are in escrow on a 
new-to-us old building. It's a 50+ year old structure, with lots of quirks 
and character, aka. needs a good re-habbing- and it will be a longer commute, but I'll have a bigger office. I haven't nailed down the final design yet, but it will be Nightmare based. I can't wait!!! 

I can't. I can't.

** photo: Me in one of my Nightmare jerseys. Taken by Phillip at lunch. Mexican Food. One of
my other ALL-TIME favorites! Yum!!!






1 comment:

Hopemore Studio said...

I love this movie too, in fact it was the first DVD I ever purchased! I had it on VHS all those years ago but when we converted over I had to have 'Nightmare' in the DVD library first. I haven't shown it to the kiddos yet, not sure why but I'll have to do that soon.

Good luck with the rehab, will we get to see progress pictures?

Angie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...