I'm a bit sad to say goodbye to 2012.
Many great things happened this year.
- Phillip and I closed escrow on our dream studio/shop for E.B. Effects. Who would have thought back in 1988, from an apt rental, shared-garage doing a little side gig for a tradeshow booth, would have planted the seeds of success? We've watered and weeded and fertilized and grown a REAL business. But, know, we've thrown away our failed attempts too! The bug infested beauties and those that did not thrive in the soil we prepared so lovingly, but here we are embarking on 2013 with a lot of new and exciting adventures awaiting us and our team!
- We flew first class together for the first time EVER to Maui last summer! It was heaven! Who knew?
- I went to a handful of crafting events with friends...shared a lot of laughs and ate a lot of great food..and even got stuck in a MAJOR rainstorm, complete with HAIL!
- Completed SEVERAL awesome projects for the Disney theme parks worldwide.
- Did a few more home improvement projects around the house...and we hope to continue building this HOME of ours...our family is growing by leaps and bounds!
- Met a few gals I'm proud to call FRIENDS! You know who you are!!! Thanks for the friendships, lending an ear to listen to me complain, and CHEERS to the NEW YEAR and the upcoming adventures we'll have. THANK YOU ALL...for ALL the support and the many gifts you bestowed upon me.
- With much hard work...long hours...and many sacrifices...sleepless nights...and a bit of stress, we achieved a bit of financial freedom this year....and it feels GREAT! (this isn't here to brag...it's only here so I can remember and never forget it! It's SO easy to run up credit cards, car loans, etc.. AND SO HARD to knuckle down and be diligent and not try to keep up with the Jones' via credit!)
- Our baby boy graduated high school with this sweetheart by his side. They moved out on their own...and now we are officially empty-nesters!
- Our oldest turned 25! TWENTY-FIVE!!!! WOW! And on Christmas Eve got engaged!
- Our middle got married and is expecting our first GRAND BABY!!! GRAND BABY GIRL!!! I only feel 26....how can that be?
- I officially hired a bookkeeper! That's a big deal for me...but it will free up SO much time for other creative endeavors...Rusty Monkey still lives...Goals take time....and I want it done right, so I don't want to rush it!
- We entertained more this year than we ever have!!! BBQ's at work..Hot Dog Fridays...Halloween Party...Thanksgiving...Christmas Eve...
- This year these empty-nesters are spending a quiet night home alone!
Angie Blasingame of Hopemore Studio)
Cheers to a HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS 2013!!! Up, up and away!!!!