Monday, February 4, 2013

A Little Ditty....

Janice, Kathy, and I road-tripped up to Portland this last weekend. We met up with Christina Kuntz of Art Circus/Mack & Momma.  (she has an awesome studio, btw! Thanks, Christina for a fun night of flower making and treasure hunting!)


The weather was gorgeous. A bit brisk, but sunny. We walked around a little to a few of the boutiques in the area. Christina knows EVERY ONE!!!
Christina, Kathy, Janice

We ended up back at the cars at the McMennamin's Kennedy School (SO MUCH FUN!). She had "assigned" us each a seat with doll heads! (inside joke of Kathy not liking dolls - and Christina and I joking on Facebook, pre-trip, about finding and fighting over them! Parts is parts, right?)

Janice's mascot had red hair. Kathy's blonde. And mine brunette.
She drove us all around, introduced us to a ton of vendors and boutique owners, gifted us with AWESOME gift bags chock-full of bottled water, energy bars, candy, Mardi Gras masks, bead necklaces, stamps, and a bit of other sweet findings.

Christina introduced Kathy, Janice and I to the Goodwill Outlet Store "bins".
Can I just say? The "bins" have ruined the three of us for regular thrift store shopping!

It's like an ever-replenishing yard sale in one location!

There apparently are THREE in the Portland area. We went to TWO of them...I don't think we could have fit a THIRD visit into Janice's "toaster"... her Scion.

blurry photo of the 3/4 back seat...Kathy was squeezed into the other 1/4 side behind Janice driving
 
The "bins" are sold by the pound. Can you imagine? We all went a little crazy for the fabric.
 
I found an awesome rag rug.
 
21 pounds @ .89/lb. Yeah, do the math!
 
SCORE!
 
It will be perfect in the studio.
 
It was SO big and heavy, but folded up nicely under my feet on the floorboard.
I can't stop thinking about the "bins"... I think it's a good idea they are 5 hours away!!!
I would be ADDICTED!!! So much so, I've made up a little ditty in their honor....
I'm a little goofy that way...guess you had to be there! lol

CHEERS!

***
(to the tune of Robert Palmer's Addicted to Love)

You see the signs, and you re-read

It's by the pound, how can that be?

So many bins, you can't be saved

All those piles, of things you crave.

 
Now you're movin', at top speed

Get it quick, before it leaves.

Another pile, another heap.

There's no doubt, you're in deep.

 
Oh, there's a smell

But what the hell.

Your cart is full

You tip the scale.

 
Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah

It's such an awful truth to say you can't get enough

You're gonna have to face it your addicted to BINS!

You might as well face it, your addicted to BINS!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

You are too funny. I am glad you girls had all kinds of fun without me! POUT! Can't wait to see all the fun stuff you brought back!

Katalina Jewelry said...

Hahaha! Your little ditty is so true...addicted to "bins"!

Such a fun, fun weekend with you and Janice. :) And seeing Christina and "playing" at her shop was icing on the cake!

Hopemore Studio said...

Whoo Hoo, that looks like it was f-u-n!! I have never seen GW bin shopping...sort of like treasure hunting? You gals had a great time, that is obvious, can't wait to see your haul.

Barbara Jean said...

fun!! I guess I'd better be finding those stores. I'm only 2 hours away!!!

hugs
barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...