Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy Spring.

Today, I was wondering what "official" calendar day was the start of Spring.

So, I Googled it. 

WikiPedia said it was March 20. 

O.k. I know April Showers bring May flowers, but I really wish our Spring was a little less cold and wet.

Here is a picture I took of our house - from the inside of the car!

Too wet outside, but kinda makes a fun photo!
Made these little blocks out of leftover wood. Painted them with cream acrylic paint.
Stamped, with black Staz-On ink pad because it's waterproof, the seasonal trees and letters onto white tissue paper. I've found that by stamping on the tissue first vs. stamping on the blocks direct, makes for less boo-boos ie: incomplete stamped images, double-images, off-center images...

Affixed them to the blocks with Matte Finish Mod Podge.
Each of the four sides of 6 blocks spells out SPRING, SUMMER, AUTUMN, WINTER.
Each of the four sides of the first - 7th block - has a tree to represent.
I numbered the bottom of each of the six letter blocks 1-6 so they are kept easily in the right order.

Simple. Easy. Peasy.

I kept them simple. I could have distressed them. Painted the trees. Edged them in brown. The sky is the limit.

Most of you probably have already seen this, but just in case you've been under a rock...
I found this a few weeks ago.
Let's give credit where credit is due.

I just love this!

So much so, that I tore apart the old box spring that was in the new guest room (we went ahead and bought a new box spring to go with the new mattress because the old one we planned on using did not offer enough support and made the mattress too "bouncy")

Now, I have 80 bed springs, just like that! I should have a build-a-bed-spring-wreath party!


I'm linking up to Re-Invented's Trash to Treasure Tuesday...on a Wednesday....
Be sure to stop over there and see all the goodness that's linked up.

Happy Spring.

 

1 comment:

Barbara Jean said...

Tina, This spring wreath is just too cute!!

Have a super day!!

blessings

barbara jean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...