Thursday, September 11, 2008

Knock, Knock....



Really. Who's There??? I can hear you breathing. I thought I may have even heard a chuckle or two. Sometimes, I think I can even hear you commenting....

I read a blog yesterday http://whenmonkeysflyinkc.blogspot.com/that was wondering who was reading her blog. I keep wondering the same thing. I know someone is. That "someone(s)" are sure to let me know when I've not posted anything new to read and see. So where are the comments? Huh? COMMENT ALREADY!!! Inquiring minds want to know.....well, at least I'd like to know....LOL

So anyways, even if you don't want to comment, here are some more interesting and not-so-interesting things to grace your monitor.

As you already know, I love to collect. OK, maybe that's an understatement, but I thought I'd share a few of the items found on my recent "collecting" trips....



Here we have a couple of vintage clipboards. They are just waiting patiently to be repurposed into some sort of artwork. I especially like the laminated wooden strip board. You don't see those at the office supply stores! The scrabble tiles are part of a huge scrabble tile collection that I love to practice my spelling with. Actually, I think I spell pretty good - most of the time. The one I have trouble with these days - remember, I'm 40 now! - is math. I've been using my trusty adding machine for so long, that the abacus part of my brain is on pause! Last in this vignette, is a ruler I found at the local Y-swap meet. For you Southern Oregon locals, notice the Jacksonville address and the AREA CODE? 503??? How long ago was that? (click on photo for a closer view)



Now here are some of my other quasi-vintage finds. The suitcase is a little worn, but I LOVE the patina. I couldn't resist these baby shoes. INSERT STORY HERE: For some reason, I cannot resist baby shoes. Maybe it's because anything miniature is too too cute or maybe it's because I still have my baby shoes - AND they aren't covered in bronze! But, anyway, I seem to have a knack for finding little shoes. This pair I bought, but I regulary find "single" little shoes here and there. Not while shopping, but in random places - gutters, sidewalks, parks, etc....I even found a little boys leather boot when I lived in Washington state over Thanksgiving weekend floating in the grocery store parking lot. Yes, floating in the water from the torrential downpour that happens there 9 months of the year. So, I have a fairly good sized collection of little person shoes. Someday, I plan to make an area in my yard/garden with a sign "Garden of Lost SOLES". Little shoes look so, so cute with miniature plants growing in them. END OF STORY!

Well, I leave you for now. I'll continue tomorrow with a few more collected items. Until then.....

3 comments:

kcaimee said...

For the love of Pete, would somebody please comment!!!

I love your collections. Where do you keep them?

By the way, I had to extend the giveaway deadline because the "Follow this blog" link is only working on a random basis. Check back tomorrow to see if you're a winner!!

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Hi stopped by to see your blog... How do we ever catch up with all the grat bloggers out here... Love your suitcase and do the the ravage of time ..... Will be back and thanks for stopping by....

Barbara Jean said...

These little boots are too cute!
and love the old suitcase.

blessings
barbara jean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...