Monday, June 15, 2009

Simple. Country. Weeds.

When the weather is nice, Phillip and I like to buggy around in our 1969 VW Manx Dune Buggy. It's street legal and just an absolute blast to drive and ride in. It's shorter than a standard 'ol VW bug. Turns on a dime. Has only a roll-cage roof. And the seats are about as low to the road as you can get - legally!

It truly feels like you are driving a go-cart. It puts you in the environment - the cold pockets of air - even when it's hot out; the different smells - good and the not-too-good ie: rose bushes, freshly cut grass, AND the pig farm! Every man, woman and child gives you "the look" - a huge grin and a thumbs-high.

On a recent jaunt, Phillip and I buggy'd around for a couple of hours, stopping here and there taking pictures of random things we thought looked interesting.

I love the simplicity of this one.

It just screams "Simply Country" to me. The corrugated metal wall. The weeds. The shadows cast by the weeds.

Sometimes calm beauty can be found in the simplest places - you just need to stop and smell the weeds!

I highly recommend getting out in the environment and enjoying the beauty of the simple things you'd normally walk and drive past! It's good for the soul!

1 comment:

Joanne Kennedy said...

How fun! I would love to do that! My nephew has a jeep that he has been fixing up and he took me on a ride the other day. It has just the roll bars and is all open too. Like you said, turns on a dime. I had so much fun even though I was scared to death at times! I just knew we were going to flip over...but of course we didn't. LOL

It would have been a blast knowing you when you lived here. We would have had a great time. We could have helped each other with our cakes and shopped till we dropped then take a rest and go ghost hunting.

I would LOVE to have a friend like you around!

Hugs,
Joanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...