Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Bra - Less Tour.....


For those who were there, you saw this story "reveal" itself. For you others...

Here goes....

A couple of years ago, 2007 to be exact, the girls and I were planning our next scrapbook retreat via emails, texts and phone conversations.

Phillip and I were on the road home from California and I was reading the latest email list of things NOT to forget - sewing machine, collapsible trash cans, Ott Lite, a bra for Janice, Cricut, extra laundry soap, cooking oil, etc....

A bra for Janice? What?....Oh, yeah. Janice NEVER wears a bra at retreat. It's just more comfy to scrapbook in Jammies without a bra! Sure, she wears a scarf to cover the "girls", but this whole "list" got me a thinkin'.

A BRA for Janice!!! I had a couple weeks to pull it off - figuratively, not literally OR is it the other way around? At any rate, I had time to put the wheels in motion.

Now, I just want to add, that what I thought
was a completely UNIQUE crafting moment has since turned into a national phenomenon of fund-raising events around the country that I never knew about. It's kind of like when you buy a new car and then notice every other car like yours!

Anyway, I hadn't really thought about it, until I was at Janice's and suddenly remembered the bra. I asked if I could take some pictures of it, since I never did,

and she proudly moved it from her "old" room to her new room. See it over there? Hanging on the door? I like your style, JANICE!!!


So, people, here is a tour of my surprise 2007 Scrapbook Retreat creation for Janice....



























Hope you enjoy the bra tour.....

ps. I used embroidery floss, misc beads, buttons, Sizzix die cut felt letters, misc jewelry baubles, iron-on transfers onto twill tape, eyelets, lace, floral, brads, safety pins, shrinky-dink plastic, Staz-On, letter beads, mini rick rack, ribbon, etc. AND the BIGGEST, DARNED BOOBY-CATCHER I could find to embellish!

1 comment:

Joanne Kennedy said...

This is a crack up! I had never seen anything like it and you found perfect items to use on it! Love this idea!

Hugs,
Joanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...