Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mother's Brush....

Today, one of my projects is being featured over at ICE Resin Creative Team Wednesday.

As many of you know, I love to collect all things vintage ... papers, furniture, mixed-metals, game boards and game pieces, fabric, keys, bottles and even the occasional, unusual find....like my newly acquired wheel chair...

Yep. You read that right. A wooden and steel wheel chair.. It's my new favorite!

For my Nightmare Before Christmas office, you ask?

Absolutely!

For those office visitors daring enough to sit in the creepy thing...for the less willing, they can pull up one of the basic, boring office chairs.

I have plans for this "wheeler"...but I'll save that for another post...

Back to the Creative Team Feature.... Mother's Brush

"As an avid collector of cast-offs and orphaned trinkets, I have amassed quite the collection of vintage brushes and hand mirrors. When I become the keeper of such objects, I cannot help but wonder where they are from? Who owned them previously? In the case of the mirrors, what reflections have they seen? Unlike the nearly disposable, common plastic and wooden hair brushes we use today, this brush of a by-gone era is beautifully, yet simply, crafted with an open filigree handle, an engraved back, and tiny nails holding the trim onto the wooden substrate.

In keeping with the Victorian-style, I attempted to elegantly elevate the beauty of this find with a flood of ICE Resin, scalloped-punched resin paper, Swarovski crystals, SLK sari silk with wire-wrapped glass beads, and the addition of embellished words, My Mother.

I have many memories of having my hair brushed by my mother, and my grandmother, when I was a little girl, and I like to imagine this vintage brush spent many moments listening to the stories shared between mother and daughter. My hope is, someday, I too, will share many special moments with my future grandchildren...of course, no pressure or hurry to my three sons!  :-) Until then, I will let my imagination run wild and keep adding to the collection..."


I am enjoying the creative process of using ICE Resin in ways other than for jewelry-making. I love the way the shiny, elegance add a touch of beauty when juxtaposed with the rusty, tattered, patina of my finds.

One of my recent projects that was displayed at in the ICE Resin booth at CHA, was this wonderfully aged metal leaf rake...

GRACE in the WIND
(the leaf in the photo is turned around, see the detail below)


Inspired by the falling of the leaves, one of my favorite applications of the resin is creating leaves.

An assortment of leaves make for great art creations...rustic and elegant, alike.

Happy Creating...

Cheers!

Sharing over at:

2 comments:

Katalina Jewelry said...

All wonderful projects, Tina! Can't wait to see what you do to that wheelchair!

Barbara Jean said...

Fun treasures girl!! love your rake.

blessings
barbara jean

PS that wheelchair is awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...