Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms I know.


This is a picture of me and my mom. She was a new mom. 18, young and beautiful! I was bald! I had a Charlie Brown head. Those who know me, have heard me refer to myself as having a "Charlie Brown head". Here's proof.


I was a young mom too. My biological clock started ticking very, very young. I admit it. I can remember visting my mom, shortly after being married in 1985. One of her renters had just had a baby boy and I made the mistake of holding him. He was so tiny and completely adorable. I just had to have one. As it turned out, I not only got one, I got three!


It was Winter 1986. On a trip to Disneyland, I found myself totally in awe of my surroundings. Not the theme park itself, but of all those little ones. Those cute little bundles. I even found myself noticing every female with a belly. I wanted so badly to be a mommy. After all, we had been married for over a year! The clock was ticking...Ticking....TICKING!


Rewind to age 15, I had already started collecting baby-related things for my cedar Hope Chest. Blue satin baby booties - Can you believe it? BLUE. NOT Pink or even Yellow. BLUE! Who knew... Baby bottles, pacifiers, bibs...Crazy? Yes, maybe. But, I guess, I'm just a collector at heart. Yeah, that's it.


Back to early Spring 1987. We were young - teens of the 80's. The song of the day was by Lou Gramm - Midnight Blue. I remember us singing - "It's either Cherry Red, or Midnight Blue". I handed Phillip the "stick" and I waited in the bathroom. In just a few minutes, he announced we were DEFINATELY MIDNIGHT BLUE! At age 18, I was officially preggo! WE were PREGNANT!

Happy Mother's Day to all moms I know!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...