Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Charm Exchange

It's that time of year....

Time to celebrate HALLOWEEN!!!!

This year, I joined about 15 other creative women (and men?) in a Halloween charm swap.

Hostess: Thespa McLaughlin

I've seen a couple of the charms from Lexi, Ginger, Kathy, and can I just say... WOW! This is gonna be a GREAT exchange!!! Angie has kept hers a secret...and that's good, cause I like secrets!

There will be a blog hop to share the "treats" on October 30 ... so stay tuned.

We were given the option of making 15 identical charms or 3 sets of 5 charms. I made mine all the same.

Here's a peek at my creation...

WARNING:

WARNING, WILL ROBINSON....

STOP READING...

DO NOT SCROLL DOWN

if you DO NOT WANT TO SEE!!!!


secret.....secret.....secret...

do not peek!!!

do not scroll......

do not continue reading....


blah....

blah....

blah.....


empty space....

empty space....

empty space....


WHEW!!! ok....keep reading....

 
All cozy in their little glassine, sewn-shut envelopes and adorned with a little witches hairpin.

(note: I sewed these on my new circa 1939 Singer featherweight sewing machine...I LOVE that little machine!!! I would have never known about these if it wasn't for Ruth Rae telling me all about them. Thanks, Ruth! It only sews straight stitches or crazy crooked stitches in this case - this was its maiden journey with me at the helm, but I can see this little machine going places with me...)

I didn't do a tutorial, but just know, these are the swivel sections of a vintage wooden ruler, dissassembled, cut and sanded down; wire wrapped with beads, chain, black tulle, stamped mother-of-pearl bead, and then just a bit of soldering to hold it all in place!

Add a couple of jump rings and it's ready for your charm bracelet.

Perfect little vintage witch adornment...
I cannot wait to see ALL the goodness to hit my mailbox next week.....

'tis near Halloween..... I'm joining in the Halloween fun here... ALSO BE SURE TO READ THE PREVIOUS POST FOR THE E-BOOK GIVEAWAY!!!
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

3 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

I HAD to peek!! What a great idea, can't wait to see these in person. Looks like you are getting cozy with the sewing machine too, love that it's vintage.

Unknown said...

Great idea!!! XO, Aimee

Katalina Jewelry said...

Love the charms! Love the packaging!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...