Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like....

an office!!!


My Santa Jack is finally hung up over my desk. We bought this a few years back at the Disneyland art store above Pirates of the Carribean. They have the best pieces up there.

I bought my piece un-framed so I could easily and safely transport it home. My old office was pretty modern-ish and so the simple black metal frame and with a black-core white mat was fitting...

But....

now, I'm thinking something a bit dimensional would be fun...but, I don't really want it to detract from the art...hmmmm...

For now, my dear Santa Jack is content staring longingly over Halloweenland...



























In the opposite corner, I have temporarily placed my vertical, galvanized metal magazine rack under my favorite chandelier...

and

in the place where my future window will go...

(still trying to figure out what to "write" on my saw blade...)

the new $5.00 baby crib bedspring found at Habitat for Humanity that I made to look old by...

1. misting the new metal with ivory spray paint
2. dragging it up and down on the concrete driveway at work with much ooomph...the more scratches and dents, the merrier
3. spritzing daily with a bleach/water mixture
4. sprinkling with salt the last few days

Who needs to find vintage when you can make rusty patina yourself?

Embellished with a few rusty, galvanized stars on sale at Craft Warehouse...

and...this very cute galavanized bucket stuffed with a sprig of holiday greenery and a clip-on cardinal.



This is a stand-in chair...I have a really quirky high-back chair that I want to re-cover in purple velvet (cause purple is fun in a NBC office AND it's the favorite color of my friend, Ginger...and she visits frequently...)

The blank area on the wall above, is slated for a big, 'ol chalkboard and a shelf to house my little NBC critters...


Guests to my office, will be greeted year-round with my lovely wreath...a gift from my dear friends, Jeff and Kris, a few season's ago...Jeff is a Disney set decorator and they ALWAYS gift me the best NBC presents!

What I am realizing, is I'm such a fan of NBC because it allows me to combine two of my favorite holidays...and can leave it all up YEAR-ROUND!

****

Even my crew is on-board with this...

I've come into my new office a couple of times to find some fun little "goodies"...


...metal turnings/scraps from the machine shop...little trees...Sharp little buggers! But very sweet!!

...plastic scraps from the CNC router...little snowy-white garlands....VERY FUN!

Thanks, guys!

Cheers.

2 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

Love the crib springs, and thanks for how to make it look old. =)

if you have time, (or will you make a bit of itme?) can you end me list of places to see down your way. We usually go out for a couple of days while in K. Falls and look around your area.
Junk stores, antiques, maybe even craft store (not that I frequent them much any more). Do you have a craft warehouse there??

thanks girl

blessings
barb
PS great work on your office so far.

Katalina Jewelry said...

Wow! Your office is looking good! The crib springs looks cool...great job aging it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...