Monday, December 1, 2008

The First of December? Really? Are you kidding me?

O.K., so it's been a while since I've posted.

With the Orlando trade show and Thanksgiving behind us, I hope to be able to blog more. I've just been really, really busy and have had my head in many other games for the last couple of weeks.

I CANNOT believe it's December already. Ty's 21st birthday is coming up fast. Christmas is coming up fast. The day Kyle is moving to Idaho is coming up fast. End-of-the-year work deadlines are approaching fast. What gives? I know, I know, the older you get, the faster time goes. But, if I'm learning anything, it's take the time to smell the proverbial roses.

Yesterday, we did just that. Grants Pass was up to it's eyeballs in Fog. From the house, we could hardly see the river in the valley. BUT - we decided to go cut our Christmas tree up in the mountains anyway - at 3:30 pm. Not much time before darkness falls. Take a chance anyway. Stop and enjoy the Fog and the Darkness - sounds like a movie title, huh?

So off we went. Phillip and I in my Jeep and Ty and his girlfriend, Stephanie, in his Jeep. With our $5.00 ODF permits in hand, up the mountain fire roads we climbed. Up, up, up into the fog and shadows. We kept climbing. Climbing. Better hurry, it'll be dark soon - and we didn't bring flashlights!

What is that? Sun. Sunshine peaking through the trees. Blue Sky? More sun and crystal clear sky? Beautiful. Breath taking.

There it was. Our little town of Grants Pass and the surrounding areas, totally obscured by the clouds. We were on top of the world!!! Just look at that view!!!





Our local friends and neighbors going about their lives. All the long lines at the stores. All the financial stress going around. And we're up here. Oblivious to it all. If even for this moment.

Take time to smell the "roses" during this hectic holiday season. You'll be glad you did!

Besides, we still have 23!!! days left 'til Christmas. What more could you ask for???

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...