Friday, August 10, 2012

A little bit everyday.

If I were a wooden sculpture, this would be me...


Always in  think. plan. do. mode.

A few nights ago Phillip and I were driving down the road on our way home. We were rolling the big truck (15' Isuzu box truck) and as we passed a pile of rolled up barbed wire on the side of the road with a FREE sign on it...he looked over to me and asked, "Does the MONKEY need any rolls of barbed wire, cause I can turn the truck around?"

Can I just say, right here and now, to whomever is reading today's post ???

I LOVE THIS MAN!!! HE TOTALLY GETS ME!!!

So, of course, he did a u-turn and I hopped out to load up many rolls of rusty barbed wire - bare handed, I might add, BUT I didn't get a scratch! The woman-of-the-house came walking down her dirt driveway and thanked me and gave me a hug! I love living here...NOT only are folks happy to give their "junk" away, but they give hugs!!!

***
Fast-forward to last night...while the box truck was at home, we loaded up my future cash-wrap station into the truck...

Definition: cash wrap...the place where money will hopefully transfer hands from future customers and students to entrepreneur (me) in exchange for creative workshops, home goods, jewelry, garden decor, etc....where many stories will be shared and lifelong friendships will be created and nurtured...

NOTE to Self: keep eyes open for a replacement cabinet/shelving unit for the laundry room at home...


Today, we moved it into place.

The pink Formica counter-top will be replaced...cause pink is not my color....and has NOTHING to do with "RUSTY"!

I'm toying with the idea of painting the oak black too??? or maybe not...???

The back (now the front) of the cabinet is un-finished.

A few months back I scored a pile of old rusty corrugated panels from the Spaulding saw mill that closed down in Grants Pass....

 ...ignore the saw dust...that's just from when THE wall was being built...

Here's the plan...



...and I gotta get that old bed frame hung up on the wall so I can put up the letters...
R.U.S.T.Y... M.O.N.K.E.Y


 A little bit EVERYDAY!

Cheers!






4 comments:

Rochelle said...

LOVE IT Tina!
xo Rochelle

Katalina Jewelry said...

Pink + go away = good!! I vote to paint the oak!!

Hopemore Studio said...

He is DA MAN! Such a great story and you score the best stuff, I am drooling over the panels.

Keep chugging along!

Anonymous said...

Love the panels, lucky you. I think they would made a cook headboard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...