Friday, June 13, 2008

Kamakazi Potato 2008




I remember when I was little, my mom told me to ALWAYS poke holes in the potatoes before baking. So, I've ALWAYS poked holes in the potatoes before baking. That is EXCEPT this one time!

So ladies, HERE is a PRIME example of WHY you should ALWAYS listen to your MOTHER!!!

I decided a long time ago, not to wrap my baked taters in foil. For one, I like my taters to have a crispy skin and foil always seems to somehow steam them and make the skin soggy. Secondly, I, like most people have silver fillings in my dear old teeth and every time we order a restaurant baker, they are served in that darned foil with fork holes poked through it. GEEZ WHEEZ! It never fails that no matter how hard I try, I always seem to miss at least one teensy wheensy speck of foil and as soon as it hits one of my fillings, it sends sparks through my whole body!!! OUCH!

If I wanted to feel "energized" I would just as soon stick my tongue onto the end of a 9-volt battery! It's the same dang sensation. NO thank you.

So anyways, back to Tater Explosion 2008. I scrubbed the taters. I put them on the oven rack and went about my other tasks. Later, when I went to get them out, this is what greeted me. Thankfully, only one tater decided to teach me a lesson.

Lesson learned....

ps. Just like when I was a little girl, I was at the park with my mom and I got very upset because the geese were "laughing" at me (you know the sound geese make?) - if you look closely at the potato and use a bit of your imagination, it looks as if the darn thing is smiling. Trust me, it wasn't smiling! It was LAUGHING at me!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...