Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Playing with ICE Resin....

Wow! I've been having SO much fun experimenting with my inspiration package from ICE Resin.
I think it's almost time to fill up the FRIDGE again...
All my packets, but one, are empty.


I have to be honest here.

If I can't be honest on my OWN blog, then where can I? Right?

I had a few bummer pours last night. Yep. I did.

At first I was dissapointed.

I am supposed to be inspiring others, by coming up with new and exciting, outside-the-box uses for ICE Resin, not showing them how to waste product and fail.

BUT, instead of throwing them away or hiding them in a drawer somewhere for my kids to find after I'm long gone, I let my creative, NON-WASTEFUL, muse show me another way to go....

Sure, they aren't exactly what I ORIGINALLY had in mind, but that's how Post-It Notes & Silly Putty were invented, right? RIGHT!!!

If those creators had thrown their mess-ups in the garbage, where would we be today?

After we read the funnies, as kids, they would have ended up in the wood stove (me, the country mouse) or the recycle bin (for you city mice) instead of "pinkie" contorted comic faces that made us giggle for hours?

I'm embracing this experimenting for what it is... FUN.  CREATIVE.  EXPERIMENTING.

...and while I can't show you my flubs or successes, just yet, I will share these two outside-the-box couplings...

Really cool Mica sheet material in a wonderful amber color.

Perfect for FALL or Steampunk or Vintage designs ... Or ???
.. and the INSERT of a baby shoe?

I see you making a face or raising an eyebrow or just plain bewildered on how that idea came about...

But, just wait and see what this became. It really was fun...

Do you know how hard it is NOT to be able to share???

HARD, I tell you.

But, stay tuned to the ICE Resin website for INSPIRATION WEDNESDAY to see creations from all the Creative Team members every week.

Our CREATIVE TEAM LEADER, Kristen Robinson, is featured today...

This is EXCITING!!!

3 comments:

andrea said...

Not being able to show our projects right away IS TOUGH! I've been having fun with my goodies as well.

In the Light of the Moon said...

Heehee this is so funny...Just yesterday I etched a quote that I totally fell in love with...it reads "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes...Art is knowing which ones to Keep"...I TOTALLY get what your saying about not having things come out the way your originally planned!!I cant wait to see what treasures you come up with...and me well..when I saw the baby shoe insert...I thought...You got it Art Sista!!Hugs,Cat

Katalina Jewelry said...

You've got my attention with this interesting teaser...can't wait to see the reveal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...