Tuesday, July 12, 2011

HOME is....

Somerset Home Volume 6 is due to hit news stands on August 1 or if you absolutely can't wait or have trouble finding it locally, you can pre-order it direct from Stampington - just click on the cover above and it will link you to the pre-order page. I will also have copies available at my Savannah Faire booth.



I have the honor of having one of my pieces featured on page 82 of this issue. A four page spread that, I have to say, is one of my favorite featured pieces. I LOVE the layout. I LOVE the text colors they chose to coordinate with my piece. I LOVE the two-fold meaning behind the creation.

You see, without giving it all away, the substrate was a "found" object from a local saw mill with a story behind it - both the story and "rusty-steel" shared with me by one of the old mill-workers. It wholy represents where we now live - both geographically and within the walls our HOME.

Here's a tease....


HOME is....

Five Schiefers.
Five Keys.

The door at home will always be open....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...